In 2013, ELP will be supporting Fellowship Programs in the following areas:
New England Regional Network: CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT
Eastern Regional Network: DE, NJ, NY, eastern PA
Chesapeake Regional Network: DC, MD, VA
All Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Work or reside in one of the Regional Network states;
- Have at least three years of work experience or post-undergraduate academic studies related to environmental or social change issues, broadly defined;
- Have demonstrated leadership capacity;
- Articulate how his/her work fits into social and environmental issues.
In addition, ELP looks for applicants that demonstrate:
- Passion and capacity to exercise leadership and respond to social and environmental challenges;
- Willingness to actively contribute to the program as well as take advantage of its benefits;
- Commitment to the values of diversity and justice within the environmental and social change fields;
- The ability and desire to remain an active member of the ELP Senior Fellows Network after the conclusion of the year-long Fellowship.
- Eagerness to connect with and learn from others;
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of leadership potential, the nature of their work or area of expertise; ability to convey a coherent vision for environmental progress, ability to reach diverse constituencies and work across backgrounds. Additionally, applicants will be evaluated on their ability to clearly articulate how participating in this leadership program will further their personal and professional development.
Particular attention will be given to the applicant's accomplishments, background, and professional progress as shown in their resume; letter of recommendations from colleagues who have worked closely with the applicant; and the clarity, breadth, and thoughtfulness of responses to the narrative questions in the application.
The 2013 Regional Fellowship Program participation fee is $900. (Selected fellows receive this subsidized rate from the $3,500 full program cost)
- Room and board for the 3 overnight retreats
- Participation in 11 days of training and community building
- Access to our network of over 500 Senior Fellows
- Membership ELP's lifelong learning community.
A few needs based scholarships will be available. Please contact Errol Mazursky at email@example.com for additional information.
Transportation to and from retreats is not included in the tuition and is the responsibility of each Fellow.
Fellows may choose to pay their tuition in full at the time of being selected or through a payment schedule.
Applications for 2013 classes are now available and are due March 1, 2013.