ELP's National Fellowship Program offers intensive leadership and skills training, national networking opportunities, and time for personal and professional reflection. Through immersive retreats, our curriculum helps emerging leaders hone their leadership styles, improve their strategy and organizational development, and strengthen their outreach to diverse constituencies. With the assistance of professional coaching and peer learning, each Fellow develops a Personal Leadership Plan.
All Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Work or reside in the United States
- Have a minimum of three years work experience or are enrolled in graduate-level academic studies
- Have demonstrated leadership capacity
- Articulate how their work fits connect to social and environmental change
In addition, ELP looks for applicants that demonstrate:
- Willingness to actively contribute to the program as well as take advantage of its benefits
- Commitment to the values of diversity and justice within the environmental and social change fields
- The desire to remain an active member of ELP's Senior Fellows Network
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of leadership potential, the nature of their work or area of expertise; ability to convey a coherent vision for environmental progress, ability to reach diverse constituencies and work across backgrounds. Additionally, applicants will be evaluated on their ability to clearly articulate how participating in this leadership program will further their personal and professional development. Particular attention will be given to the applicant's accomplishments, background, and professional progress as shown in their resume and the clarity, breadth, and thoughtfulness of responses to the narrative question in the application.
Retreat 1: February 21-25th in Santa Margarita, California
Retreat 2: May 31st - June 4th in Omena, Michigan
The National Fellowship participation fee is $3,500. This includes:
- Room and board for the 2 overnight retreats
- 10 days of training and community building
- 4 hours of professional coaching
- Access to our network of over 700 Senior Fellows
- Membership to ELP's lifelong learning community
The 2015 National Fellowship Program participation fee is $3,500*. A few needs based scholarships will be available and can be applied for in your application. Fellows may choose to pay their tuition in full at the time of being selected or through a payment schedule. Transportation to and from retreats is not included in the tuition and is the responsibility of each Fellow.
Applications are due by January 5th, 2015
To apply for the 2015 National Fellowship Program, applicants must complete:
And submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the most significant leadership challenge that you are currently facing or that you see on the horizon? (500 word max)