ELP Fellowships offer intensive leadership and skills training, time for personal and professional reflection, and the opportunity to learn and collaborate with regional and national networks. Through immersive retreats, emerging leaders hone their leadership styles, improve their strategy and organizational development skills, and strengthen their capacity to work with diverse constituencies. With the assistance of peer learning and ELP staff support, each Fellow develops a Personal Leadership Plan.
But if you don't want to take our word for it, you can check out these testimonials from recent program participants...
"ELP is this magical program that doesn’t expect you to be anything other than the best version of yourself - the curriculum, the balance with personal connection, with fun, and with teaching us how to practice peer-coaching." -- 2020 Fellow
2023 RETREAT DATES
Retreat 1: June 1-4, 2023 at *Maumee Bay in Oregon, OH
Retreat 2: August 3-4 & August 12-13, 2023 (Virtual)
Retreat 3: October 12-15, 2023 at *Maumee Bay in Oregon, OH
ELP has adopted a COVID-19 policy requiring all staff, facilitators, and participants to be vaccinated unless a medical or religious exception is approved. We will also require you to provide proof of vaccination.
The actual cost of this program is approximately $3,500 per participant. However, due to the generosity of grant partners that support some of our costs, the 2023 Great Lakes Regional Fellowship participation fee is $2,000. Needs based scholarships and those that prioritize BIPOC applicants are available and can be applied for in your application. Fellows may choose to pay their tuition in full at the time of being selected or through a payment schedule. To learn more about creative payment options click here.
This program includes:
- Participation in 12 days of virtual/in-person hybrid training, community building, coaching, and peer coaching
- Training materials (digital and hard copies)
- “Welcome Box” filled with supplies, snacks, and other retreat essentials
- A 360 degree leadership assessment
- Membership in ELP's network of over 1400 Senior Fellows - a lifelong learning community of professional and personal development, collaboration, and impact
Applications are due by 11:59 pm (EST) Friday, April 7, 2023.
"ELP is doing the deep transformative embodiment work that is not an option but a necessity for the creation of a just and sustainable future. You all are enriching and empowering the minds of leaders and therefore paving the way for sustainable and equitable climate and environmental justice solutions." -- 2023 Fellow
We're glad you're thinking of applying to an ELP Fellowship and we've tried to make it as simple as possible for you. There are three pieces to the online application process:
1. Fill out the short application survey. This should require only 2-3 minutes to complete.
2. Upload your resume. Once you have completed the application survey, you will be emailed a personalized link where you can upload your resume. Please attach your resume as a PDF or Word doc.
3. Short essay answers. Along with your resume, you will be prompted to attach a short response to the following questions:
- "What is the most significant leadership challenge that you are personally facing, either current or something that you see on the horizon?" (500 words maximum)
- "How is your work involved in efforts to protect the Great Lakes and their connected waterways or help communities improve access to Great Lake amenities?" (250 maximum)
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Work or reside in the 8 Great Lakes states (IL, IN, OH, MI, MN, NY, PA, WI) and engage in efforts to protect the Great Lakes and their connected waterways or help communities improve access to Great Lakes amenities;
- Have at least three years of work experience or are enrolled in graduate-level academic studies related to environmental or social change issues, broadly defined; and
- The ability to participate in all 3 retreats, complete all assignments in a timely manner, and the desire to remain an active member of the ELP Senior Fellows Network after the conclusion of the Fellowship.
On the fence about applying? Check out 7 Reasons to Apply for an ELP Fellowship.
For more information about the Great Lakes Fellowship, contact CorePrograms@elpnet.org.