Request for Proposals for the 2020 All Community Retreat
The 2020 All Community Retreat will take place on June 4-7, 2020 at Silver Bay YMCA Family Conference & Retreat Center in Silver Bay, New York, on the shared lands and waters of the Mohican, Mohawk, Abenaki/Abénaquis, and Haudenosaunee peoples. ELP offers this one-of-a-kind community gathering every 3 years. We are excited to invite ELP Senior Fellows and other members of the ELP Community to join us and share your experiences and skills together in community. The application form can be found below. Please be sure to read the instructions carefully before applying.
We are now accepting proposals for workshops, sessions and talks for this event on the following topics of themes:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: How to navigate predominantly white or dominant spaces from the margins, challenging power and privilege without authority, assessing your own power and privilege, and how to foster inclusive spaces.
- Strengths-Based Leadership: Optimizing your strengths and identifying tangible connections to your professional and personal goals, leading high-performing teams based on SBL.
- Activism & Collective Impact: Building people power, community organizing and taking action on climate change as a community.
- Storytelling & Dialogues: Reflections on work on issues such as climate change, working across party lines or in conservative spaces, food sustainability’s intersection with conservation, crafting your personal narrative.
- Network Weaving: Effectively connecting and building intersectional relationships, with purpose and meaning.
- Learning Organizations/Organizational Change: Identifying points of leverage and maximizing your sphere of influence, assessing the impacts of change with benchmarks of success, creating equitable pathways for sustainable improvements within a system.
- Personal Leadership Planning
- Radical Self-Care
Regular Session: 1-1.5 hours
Extended Session: 3 hours
Table Topic or Lunch-Break Session: 45 minutes
LEAD Talk: 8 minutes
Proposal Application Link: Complete your proposal -> HERE <-
We will accept proposals until March 2, 2020. Proposals will be reviewed by ELP staff and a committee of Senior Fellows.
- Includes a P.O.P. - Purpose, Outcomes and Process are clearly defined.
- Addresses one of the major themes outlined by the results of a pre-conference survey of Senior Fellows (above).
- Participants will clearly receive tangible benefits regarding knowledge-enhancement, skill development and strategic perspectives.
- Applicants must be a member of the ELP Community - current Fellows, Senior Fellows, RAY Fellows, Board Members, Staff members, or individuals/coaches/consultants with previous affiliations with ELP.
- We value the contributions people from equity-seeking groups and encourage applications from LGBTQ+ people, Indigenous peoples, people of color, low-income earners and the unemployed, immigrants and refugees, and people with disabilities or another equity seeking group with which you identify. If you wish to identify as belonging to an equity-seeking group(s), please feel free to indicate so in your proposal.
Questions? Reach out to Jenna Ringelheim at [email protected].