ELP believes that the environmental movement can and should reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are committed to making our programs accessible to all environmental and social change leaders, and select our Fellows through a needs-blind process.
Typically, it costs ELP around $3,500 per participant to support a Fellow in both our Regional and National Programs. These costs include staffing, outreach, individualized 360 evaluations, 10-12 days of residential retreat rental (including room and board), curriculum materials, professional trainers and personalized follow-up on each Fellows Personal Leadership Plan. Through the support of foundations and individual donors, ELP is able to subsidize the training costs for our Regional Programs. At this point in time, our National Program is offered at cost.
ELP is committed to making it work financially to all Fellows that are accepted into our programs. We do this in a variety of ways:
Helping Your Employer Understand the Value of ELP's Fellowship Programs
- Many Fellows have been successful in receiving support from their employers. ELP is available to provide information to your employer, highlighting the benefits of Fellowship Program as a professional development opportunity. Please contact Outreach Manager Lori Braunstein for more information!
A Variety of Payment Options to Best Suit Your Needs:
- Paypal (One-time payments): Send payment to [email protected]
Paypal (Monthly payment plan): Split your total participant fee into the total amount of months and *poof* it works like magic and auto-pays each month on the same day.
- ELP allows payments to be made throughout the calendar year of the program year - For example, if you are in a program that completes during 2019, please make sure you are paid in full by December 31, 2019. If you are in a program whose retreats straddle two calendar years (2019 & 2020), you have until the end of 2020 to complete payment).
- Venmo (One-time payments): Send to (202) 422-9193.
- Good Ol’ Fashioned Check (One-time or monthly payments): Make out to Environmental Leadership Program and mail to: Environmental Leadership Program, P.O. Box 907 Greenbelt, MD 20768-0907
We offer a few needs based scholarships to individuals in each Fellowship class. You can denote whether you need a scholarship during the application process. Scholarships are directed towards reducing the participation fee, and do not cover travel expenses.
If you have additional questions about creative tuition options for ELP's Fellowship Programs, contact Program Manager Jessica Seeley at [email protected]